Thursday, January 3, 2013

Currently...January 2013!

Welcome 2013! I never thought I'd see you, being as the apocalypse was scheduled for December 21, 2012. I guess it's been postponed. That works for me!

Today I am one happy gal to be linking up with Farley from Oh Boy 4th Grade. Check me out!


Listening:
My husband and I are so ecstatic to be expecting our first Little Olive (Olivia, that is) in April. APRIL!! Oh my. I am very happy to hear him singing and happily putting together our baby girl's crib. I am SO very thankful that he likes doing that kind of thing because I LOATHE doing things like that. He has a name tag on that says "Bob the Builder". He's asking if there is anything else he can put together!! Love that guy.
 
Loving:
I have loved being on Christmas break for almost two full weeks. I visited lots of family, had a baby shower, rested up, and got lots of work done. I am loving this last day of my little vacay, but I am also loving the fact that we are going back tomorrow.
 
Thinking:
I cannot STOP thinking about the Human Body unit that I am starting up on Monday. I have LOADS of activities that I am working on and I can't wait to share everything that we do here on my no-longer-neglected blog.

Wanting
I have all of my ideas done and ordered for the nursery. It's just a matter of putting furniture together, buying the little knick-knacks I still need, and getting it all into place. I absolutely cannot wait to get it done. I am toying with the idea of starting a "Mommy Blog" (except I will refuse to call it that...) and if/when I do, I will post pics there. Otherwise, I will have to write a non-school related post to share them with the world. 

OLW:
Confidence. This is my new word. I posted a big ole' rant about all of the things I need to work on last month and this word sums it up. I am no longer going to allow myself to dwell on decisions I make or ideas I have. I'm going with my instincts and learning from my successes and my mistakes in 2013. And that is ALL about confidence.

And last, I {FINALLY} finished my Cells Alive activity packet. It's humungo and I am super happy with it. I love having all of the activities for the units that I teach all in one place. It's lovely! Head over to my TpT page to check it out. Here's a peek:

Link up! It's 2013!




3 comments:

  1. Emily,

    Consider me your newest follower!

    Thanks for finding me through Farley's Currently. You are expecting a baby in April! How exciting! That will give you just enough time to spend ALL summer with your newbie. Congrats to you and your husband.

    If you have any ideas for 1st grade Science, send them my way!

    -The Frizz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by my page. I am now your newest follower. Good luck with your new years resolution. You will build up your confidence in your teaching as the years go by. I am in my 5th year and I can definitely still in improve in certain aspects. It's all about growing..you will be awesome! =)

    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily,
    I found you through Farley's Currently. I am so interested to see what you are doing with your human body unit. I am beginning a human body unit when I return as well. Hopefully we can share some ideas!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete