Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Monday Made It! {Wednesday Edition}

I'm way overdue for this post! Just had a lot going on...but here I am! I'm linking up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics again for my favorite linky - The Monday Made It linky!

I have a Home Made It that I am super proud of. The mister and I are expecting our first baby here any week now and I really wanted to get those super fantastic professional maternity photos done. That is, before I found out how much daycare, diapers, and just having a baby in general was going to cost us. And don't get me wrong, photographers charge a heavy price because their work is so great and I definitely think that they have every right to do so. But, I just can't afford that on top of everything else. Soooo....I did a little maternity photo DIY! After all, I do have photo editing software and I can edit the fool out of some pictures (since I was a Graphic Designer in my previous life) AND since my husband bought be a killer Sony DSLR camera last Christmas.  So, here are a few of the before and after pics that we did! For FREE! I love free.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER: 
And of course, what family photo would be complete without the family dog? 
Our baby girl, Lalya,  is very excited to be a big sister. {Or so I keep telling her that...she has no idea what's coming to her. Poor thing.}
BEFORE:

AFTER:

We took a lot more, but I just wanted to share a few since this is a teaching blog and all. :)  I'm actually in the process of creating a mommy blog...I'll include that in my next Monday Made It post. I just like the idea of making a blog to track all the cool stuff Miss O and I do together and then be able to have it printed. Did you know you could have blogs printed?! I'm so excited. More on that later.

Next, I am SO EXCITED and proud of my newest addition to my TpT store. I spent several weeks - like 6 total to be exact - creating my Properties of Matter Unit packet. I love it and I cannot wait to use it again next year. Hands down, best unit of study I taught all year. Super fun!! This monster of a packet is 77 pages long and has at least 15 different experiment or demo ideas, including the Elephant Toothpaste experiment I talked about last week. Please check it out if you are getting ready to teach Properties of Matter! I would love for you to use it in your classroom. It's a COMPLETE 5 to 6-week unit from start to finish. All you'll need to do is get yourself the materials required to do the experiments and make some copies for your kiddos. Click here for more exciting details. Here's a peek:


Ok, folks! That's all I've got for right now. I'm looking forward to posting a new Human Body packet  AND a new Light packet soon - maybe within the next few weeks. I'm already looking forward to and planning for next year! I can't believe how fast the time goes. 

Link up with Tara! {It's never too late!!}





2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily! Those are beautiful pictures, what an exciting time in your life!! & your new packet looks great! I just added your blog to my "Great Blogs" page. Do you have a follow by email option? I don't get your new posts (my RSS feed has over 1000 blogs on it!!) Happy Preggers!

    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sue! Thanks so much!! I really appreciate your support! :) I did not have a follow by email option...but now I do! Thanks a bazillion. Have a great St. Patty's Day!

      Delete