Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday Made It!

I love linking up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for several reasons. One, I get to see {and steal} lots of awesome, creative ideas from literally hundreds of teachers. I love this. Second, I get to be a part of a linky party, which I love. Next, it makes me look forward to Mondays and I've never really been able to say that! And finally, I get to show off some of the stuff I've done. It's just so much fun to share, inspire, and be inspired and I'm so thankful to Tara for hosting these each Monday!

Each of my Monday Made Its are school related this time. I've been crazy busy frantically putting together the small things that will ultimately pull my classroom together!

This is my before and after shelf project. And that's chalkboard paint you see there in the final pic! {the black, not the obnoxious green} I plan on letting the kiddos draw on it or maybe label the stuff I will put on it. We'll see!





I made this absentee folder so that students can take responsibility for what they miss. We do have class jobs and one of those is "substitute". It's their job to fill out the "While You Were Out" form and help out their absent classmates upon their return. {Of course, I do a quick check to make sure that the folder has all materials that they need. But it's mainly up to the students!}






Last, I created my own bulletin board border from my background on this blog. It didn't turn out as cute as I thought, but I still thought I'd share it. :)


So go ahead and link up with Tara on this Monday Made It!



10 comments:

  1. All of your projects look great. Love the shelf....and I think the border turned out really good!

    Vicky
    Keep Calm & Imagine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by to let you know I love your blog and have given you the Versatile Blogger award! Stop by to pick it up...:)

    Vicky
    Keep Calm & Imagine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your border is CUTE! I don't know what you are talking about?! lol...I'd love to have some like that! Your shelves look nice! Thanks for sharing ...

    ~Sara~
    Ramblings of a Deaf Ed Teacher's Mind...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great ideas on this blog! I'm teaching 5th grade science this year and your blog is going to be a great source of snip ration for me.

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie! So glad you found me! I'm heading over to your blog, too so that I can borrow some of your ideas!! =)

      Delete
  5. The chalkboard paint is a great idea! How fun! And I like your idea of having a "while you were out" folder so kids can take responsibility for their own absences.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did you get the image for your background? I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I don't see your contact info, but I'd love to talk to you about something! Please email me at thesciencepenguin@yahoo.com! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete